Built between 1928-1930, The Electric Building was part of a carefully planned building boom in Fort Worth, Texas. The eighteen-story building was long considered “one of the most imposing in the city” and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The elegant buff brick building features rich stone and terracotta detailing and decorative friezes. Located in the heart of downtown in the financial district, the building was for many years the headquarters of Fort Worth Power and Light but by the 1990’s was vacant and in a state of decay.
Using various financing tools including Historic Tax Credits, Affordable Housing Tax Credits, Tax Abatement, and tradition first mortgage financing, The Alexander Company was able to return the landmark building to a seminal place in Fort Worth’s history once again.